This event if for those who qualified for the Loretta Lynn’s Northeast AMATEUR Regional. To make sure you have a spot on the starting line, remember to register by the deadline with MX Sports for this regional.
Optional practice day on Friday for event competitors only. All racing with be on the Unadilla Pro National track.
RACE / CLASS DETAILS
If there are more than 41 racers per class, then qualifiers will be run. The results of the Qualifiers and the Consi will count as the Moto 1 finish in that class. The number of positions to advance from the Qualifiers to Moto 2 is determined by Loretta Lynn’s rules; the remainder will transfer to a Consi. The finishers of each Qualifier will then receive their corresponding score for Moto 1. Thus, there will be two 1st place finishers, two 2nd, two 3rd, and so on, for Moto 1. The winner of the Consi will get a score of one more than the last rider transferring from the Qualifier. The Qualifier with the fastest time will receive priority gate pick for Moto 2.
- All classes run three motos
- All motos count towards overall finish
- All classes race BOTH Saturday and Sunday
- Racing for all classes begins on Saturday.
- Top 6 from each class advance to the National at Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- All racing will be on the Pro National track
- There is an optional Friday practice (weather permitting)
- TRANSPONDER SCORING WILL BE USED
- Please note new AMA racing rules as of 2017. All racers competing in amateur classes must be 12 years old or older on the date of the event. Racers must be 14 or older to race a 250cc 2-stroke/4-stroke and 16 or older to race a 450cc, including in any youth class.
- There is an optional Friday practice day for event competitors only, weather permitting. Practice starts at 10am and runs through conclusion.
- You must practice with the group(s) assigned to the classes in which you are competing. Exceptions are made only if the groups are scheduled close together.
- $30 per group and each group has three rotations.
- Unseated alternates are welcome to participate in Friday practice.
- Race order is predetermined by series administration…..
- LCQ’s will be placed at the bottom of the order
TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPOT AT THIS REGIONAL, MAKE SURE TO REGISTER WITH MX SPORTS BY THE DEADLINE.
All racers must be a member of the AMA. You can join at the track but are highly encouraged to join/renew online prior to arrival as long as you are connected to a printer. Make sure to bring the printout with you.
Racers under the age of 18 in possession of a “Competition Membership” card from the AMA are still expected to have a parent or guardian in attendance. If a parent is not in attendance, then a dated, signed, and notarized permission slip from your parent with the event name, dates, and location is required. The slip MUST be notarized.
MINOR RELEASE FORM
All racers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent. If a parent will not be in attendance, then a notarized permission slip is absolutely required. Even if a sibling 18 years or older is the responsible party, a notarized permission slip is still required. THE AMA COMPETITION MEMBERSHIP CARD AND RELEASE WILL NOT OVERRIDE THIS REQUIREMENT. The permission slip must read as follows:
I hereby give permission for my (son/daughter), (child’s name) to race in the Loretta Lynn’s Amateur Regional Qualifier at Unadilla MX, New Berlin, NY on June 15-17, 2018. (Name) will be responsible for (him/her) during the event.
Notarized signature and seal
A notary public can be found at your bank, local government offices, local public schools, and in many places of business. The permission slip MUST be notarized. We recommend a second notarized slip stating that the responsible party can make medical decisions for the minor should that be necessary.
All non-US citizen racers must have class clearance from the AMA to participate at the Loretta Lynn’s National in Tennessee. We encourage you to contact the AMA Motocross Racing Department at 1-800-AMA-JOIN or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending any Area Qualifier. You can participate in the Area Qualifier prior to contacting the AMA but this step must be taken prior to the National. You need to make sure you are eligible for the class you are qualifying in so start this process as soon as possible.
NON-REGISTERED QUALIFIED RACERS/ALTERNATES
- Alternates will be placed based on power ranking.
- Non-registered alternates will be accepted in all classes that do not cause the class to have to run qualifiers. In other words, if a class is pre-registered at 35 racers and all 35 are in attendance, there are 5 spots available for non-registered qualified racers or non-registered alternates.
- If a class is pre-registered at 41 racers, then the number of available spots will depend upon no-shows. If a class is pre-registered with more than 41 racers, then up to 80 racers can be initially placed in the class.
- Non-registered qualifier racers or non-registered alternates should come to registration during registration hours. You can participate in Friday’s practice day and Saturday morning’s practice. Placement in racing classes cannot be determined until after registration closes on Saturday morning. We will call anyone who is in this situation to registration to let you know whether or not you made it in. Your entry fee(s) will be refunded in any class we are unable to place you in.
While you should guarantee your spot by registering for the Regional through MX Sports, that is step #1 in the registration process. You must also come to registration at the track to sign in, sign releases, and pay your track racing fees. Registration will be held Thursday night from 7:00-9:00pm; Friday from 7:00am-4:00pm, and Saturday morning from 7:00-9:00am. You only need to come to registration one time.
Last four digits of your race bike’s frame number and your transponder number will be needed at registration.
Racing: All classes $50
Optional Friday practice: $30 per class
*AMA/ATVA membership: $49 or $20 day pass
*Note that the AMA now offers both one event as well as family membership packages. One event memberships are only available at the track. All other memberships can be taken care ahead of time by using this link: http://www.amajoin.com/UNADMX
CAMPING IS FREE. There are no electric or water hook-ups. Water is available on-site to fill tanks/drums. Modern bathrooms and showers on-site.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:00 – 9:00 pm
Gates Close- Holding area available across the street
7:00 – 5:00 pm
Optional practice day (weather permitting)
Gates Close- Holding area available across the street
7:00 – 9:00 am
Practice; no late practice
(Racing immediately following practice)
Gates Close-Holding area available across the street
(Racing immediately following practice)
IF YOU ARE STAYING ELSEWHERE, VERIFY SUN START TIME BEFORE DEPARTING
RULES / RESTRICTIONS
TICKETS: Your arm band is your weekend pass and must be worn at all times. If you leave the facility, you must have it on in order to re-enter. This is your gate ticket. Do not take it off.
SEARCH POLICY: All vehicles are subject to search at any time. If any fireworks, glass containers, or other prohibited items are found, you may remove them from the property yourself, or we will dispose of them for you. We are not responsible for the safe return of any contraband removed.
PIT RIDING: Pit riding is limited to 5 mph speed limit in the Pits. No spectator riding. No wheeled vehicles are allowed through the tunnel into the spectator areas. You must be 18 or older to operate a pit vehicle. Use it responsibly or you will lose the privilege and can be removed from the facility.
DRONES: Drones of any kind are not allowed over the facility.
PETS: All pets must be on a leash. No vicious or barking pets permitted.
RIDER REGISTRATION: All riders must properly register before entering the track. All riders must personally be present for rider registration. Minors must accompany their parent or guardian to registration.
REFUNDS: No refunds once racing has begun.
MEDICAL INSURANCE: We do not have Rider Medical Insurance, and urge you not to race without it. Riders are responsible for their own medical insurance.
ACCIDENTS: Please report all accidents to Rider Registration.
CAMPFIRES: We permit SMALL contained campfires. Please keep them to a 20” diameter. Please do not abuse this privilege. We will not permit large bonfires or the burning of furniture. No pallets or burning in garbage barrels either, please.
TANK/DRUM FILLING: Available at the fill-up area
FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: All racing rigs/motor homes/camping vehicles must have fully functioning fire extinguishers readily available in the event of an emergency.
GARBAGE: Please use our trash receptacles.
GUEST CONDUCT: Motocross racing is a family sport. We will not tolerate offensive or inappropriate conduct and reserve the right to remove anyone from the premises. Riders are responsible for the conduct of their crew members, family and friends.
BANNERS: DO NOT take the banners or signage. Violators will be prosecuted for theft and trespassing.
QUIET TIME: Quiet time is 11:00 pm nightly. All loud noise, including loud generators, must be turned off at this time.
PARTS AND RACING GEAR VENDOR ON-SITE:
SPECIAL NEEDS: If you need handicapped parking accommodations or have other special needs, let us know when you arrive and we will do our best to accommodate you.
RADIO STATION: Please keep your radio tuned to 90.5 for up-to-date announcements, racing news, interviews and information throughout the weekend. Although we have a public address system, the best way to stay tuned is to tune in.
FOOD: Food is available for purchase on Saturday and Sunday. Concession hours are Saturday 6am-6:30pm and Sunday 6am-5pm.
ICE: Ice can be purchased at the Concession Area.
GENERAL INFORMATION is located at the Main Gate, Registration and the Food Concession.
LOST & FOUND is located at the Registration Area.